Terms and Conditions
Mom Managing Chaos is owned and operated by Kristen W.
Some of my posts may contain affiliate links in order to share products that I use and recommend. If you click on one of the product links in my posts, I will receive a small portion of any sales at no additional cost to you. I only share products I have used and think may be of benefit to you. I always give honest feedback regarding all products and services. The affiliate money I earn each month helps to support this site.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Intellectual Property Notice
All images, text, designs, graphics, trademarks and service marks are owned by and property of Mom Managing Chaos, or the properly attributed party. It is a violation of federal law to use any of our intellectual property in whole or in part, and modification of any materials contained on this site is illegal and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent permissible should we choose to do so, including asking for financial penalties (damages) and/or an injunction forcing you to stop using our intellectual property immediately.
You may use our intellectual property with clear and obvious credit back to our site, as well links back to the page where the materials, designs, images, text, quote or post is located when it is appropriate to do so. However, you may never claim any of our intellectual property as your own or your unique creation, even with attribution.
Except as provided in these Terms, you may not use, modify, republish, frame, license, transfer, post, transmit, create derivative works from, or otherwise exploit any Content from this Site, in whole or in part, without the express permission of Kristen.
Reproduction, distribution, republication, and/or retransmission of material contained within this website is prohibited without prior written consent of Kristen. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this site, is strictly prohibited. Nothing contained in these Terms shall be construed as conferring any other license or right, express or implied, under any of Kristen‘s intellectual property rights.
We maintain a right to republish any submission in whole or in part as reasonably necessary in the course of our business. You agree not to submit any content or communications that could be illegal or serve an unlawful purpose, including, but not limited to communications that are potentially libelous or maliciously false, abusive, negligent, obscene or otherwise harmful or inappropriate.
Additionally, whenever I ask for your email address or information from you I will guard it to the best of my ability. I won’t spam you and I won’t sell your information.
I am here to help you simplify and organize your life- full stop! If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at kristen at mommanagingchaos dot com.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Welcome to Mom Managing Chaos website located at “mommanagingchaos.com” (this “Site”), which is owned by Kristen W.. Please read this page carefully before using this Site. By accessing or using this Site in any way, you agree to and are bound by the terms, conditions, policies and notices contained on this page (these “Terms”).
These Terms are effective as of May 25 2018.
CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any payments through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at kristen at mommanagingchaoss.com
We are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Schools and parents should supervise their children’s online activities and consider the use of other means to provide a child-friendly, online environment. If you would like to learn more about COPPA, visit the Federal Trade Commission home page at //www.ftc.gov.
If you are living in the EU and are under the age of 16, it is required by law that you obtain consent from your parents before subscribing to any email list. We do not target, cater or provide products or services for 16 years and under and thus do not have a parental approval process.
The Company allows clients to make payments for legal services via an online portal. We have engaged third-party service providers to perform many of the services related to payment processing, including card processing, identity verification, fraud analysis and regulatory compliance.
The Company partners with Teachable and PayPal to facilitate card payments for clients. We may share your personal or transactional information with this third-party service provider when it is necessary to process payments. Information about Teachable and PayPal can be found at: www.teachable.com and www.paypal.com.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Kristen does not author, edit or monitor these Linked Sites, and is not responsible or liable for (a) the availability of or content provided on such Linked Sites, nor does inclusion of any link imply endorsement of the Linked Sites by Kristen or vice versa; (b) third party content accessible through such Linked Sites; (c) any loss or damage whatsoever you may incur from dealing with any Linked Site; or (d) your dealings with any third parties found on or through this Site, the payment for and delivery of goods if any, or any terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings. You bear all risk associated with the use of such Linked Sites, third party services, and your correspondence or business dealings with third parties found on or through this Site.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Main Uses of Your Data
This section of the Policy describes the things that we do with your data which relate directly to your use of the Site and our services. They are the things that we hope you would expect us to do with your information. We will use your information:
- to provide the products available on our Site to you;
This section of the Policy describes the things that we do with your data that arise from our monitoring of the Site and the collection of your information whilst using the Site. We may use this information:
- to identify patterns that we can use in our marketing strategy and to help us develop, administer, support and improve our services and features and adverts;
- to conduct reviews that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
We may combine technical information with other information that we have about you to help us with our processing of your information as described in this Policy.
Use of your data for marketing and communications
When you join a mailing list, which is not required to use the site, we may use personal information, like your email address, to provide marketing messages to you or allow us or third parties to communicate with you on third party services. We will always seek your consent before doing so and you can opt out of marketing and other communications at any time. You can always make use of the Site without having to agree to marketing. The types of things that we may do include:
- providing direct marketing advertisements and communications to you via email, text, post or telephone or via our selected third parties;
- making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- communicating with you on third party social media platforms and sharing your information with that social media platform;
- monitoring the effectiveness of our direct marketing communications and your responses to it.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We retain access to all personal information that we have collected from you or about you. Our product fulfillment company and email marketing companies also retain some of the data (for example your name and email are passed to our email marketing partner Mailerlite so we may send product confirmation and marketing emails).
When our service is available via the websites of our partners, those partners may have access to your information. We may also have links to other websites from our Site. We are not responsible for the content, security, privacy policies and practices of any other websites, even if you access them using links from this Site or if you can access this Site or use our services from them. We recommend that you check the policy of each website that you visit and make sure that you are comfortable with the terms of such policies before providing any personal information.
If our business is sold or merged, or if we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. We will make sure that any such transfer is done in a secure way.
If we offer or supply a service to you that is provided on our behalf by a third party we may have to pass your information to them in order to deliver the service. By using this Site you consent to us providing your information to the third parties authorized by us to provide such services. We may also use third parties to provide services on our behalf which may include processing (but not using themselves) your information e.g. to complete partial addresses or to augment the information we hold about you. In either case, we will not pass your information to anyone who is not also subject to adequate privacy commitments in our contract with them and we will not allow the third party to use your information for marketing purposes without your consent.
We will not otherwise disclose, sell or distribute your information to any third party without your permission unless we are required to do so by law or to obtain professional advice. We will retain your information for as long as is reasonable and necessary and no longer than permitted by law.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We maintain your data at the server of our internet service provider, our email marketing company, our offices and our product fulfillment centers.
If you leave a comment on this website that information is stored at our hosting company SiteGround. That information includes your name, your avatar, your comment, the time you left the comment and your ISP address.
For any Europeans using the site, the data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or contractors. Territories outside of the EEA may not have equivalent legal protections to those that apply within the EEA but we are under a duty to make sure that our suppliers and contractors located outside of the EEA continue to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. By submitting your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
We follow strict security procedures to ensure that your personal information is not damaged, destroyed or disclosed to a third party without your permission and to prevent unauthorized access to it. The computers that store the information are kept in a secure facility with restricted physical access and we use secure firewalls and other measures to restrict electronic access. If we are working with third parties, we will require them to have in place similar measures to protect your information.
You have the right to use our Site without consenting to marketing and communication services that we provide. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. We always use the most recently submitted form to be your current consent status. If you are a registered user, but not signed in when you submit a form, we will not be able to use your saved settings so will deem your consent choice to be as per the form you submit at the time. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at kristen at mommanagingchaos.com.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data at any time.*
You have the right to ask us, at any time, to show you what data we’ve collected.
You have the right to fix any data we have that is incomplete or wrong.
The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the GDPR (in Europe) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA and GDPR.
*Asking us to not process your data does require us to delete your data, which is legally considered processing your data. So, we respectfully inform you that we’d have to do that one thing.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Kristen/ Mom Managing Chaos will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contract, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
· [to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;]
· for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
· for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
IN NO EVENT SHALL KRISTEN/MOM MANAGING CHAOS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCREASED OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, GOODWILL OR USE, INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), ARISING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR INABILITY TO ACCESS, OR USE OF, THIS SITE, EVEN IF KRISTEN/MOM MANAGING CHAOS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, under no circumstances shall Kristen W. or any other party involved in creating, producing, or distributing this Site be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages or loss of profits, good will, use, data or other intangible losses (even if advised of the possibility of such damages) that result from (a) any delay, failure, interruption or corruption of this Site or any data or information transmitted in connection with the use of this Site; (b) personal injury or death caused by your use or misuse of this Site; (c) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from your use of any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into, through or from this Site; (d) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; and (e) any other matter relating to our Site. You hereby acknowledge that this paragraph shall apply to all products, and services available through this Site. Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states, liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Notwithstanding the above, Kristen/ Mom Managing Chaos sole liability for any reason to you, and your sole and exclusive remedy for any cause or claim whatsoever, shall be limited to the amount paid by you for any product, information or service purchased by you from us through this Site.
In accordance with the 1996 Communications and Decency Act, Section 230, we are also not liable for comments user of this website leave as comments. While we will certainly delete comments that don’t adhere to our personal standards, if someone claims you are a car thief, you have to sue them not us.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
Use of this Site is governed by Florida law. Any claim related to the Site and any product purchased through this Site shall be brought in a federal or state court within one (1) year after the claim arises. Users of this Site consent to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts as the most convenient and appropriate for the resolution of disputes concerning this Site.
You acknowledge (a) that you have read and understood these Terms; and (b) that these Terms have the same force and effect as a signed agreement.
Kristen/ Mom Managing Chaos may change these Terms from time to time. Please review these Terms periodically for any updates or changes. Your continued use of this Site following the posting of any updates or changes to these Terms constitutes your acceptance of such changes. If you object to any provision of these Terms or any subsequent modifications to these Terms, your exclusive recourse is to immediately terminate use of this Site.
Kristen W. also reserves the right to modify or terminate your access to the Site (or portions of this Site) at any time, temporarily or permanently, with or without notice to you. Kristen may also impose limits on certain features, services or all of this Site without notice or liability. You acknowledge and agree that Kristen W. will not be liable to you or any third party in the event that Kristen W. exercises its right to modify or terminate access to this Site or portions of this Site.
Price and availability information on this Site are subject to change without notice.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Last modification was made May 7, 2018 .
Disclaimer for Mom Managing Chaos
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com
Disclaimers for Mom Managing Chaos
All the information on this website – mommanagingchaos.com – is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. Mom Managing Chaos does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (Mom Managing Chaos), is strictly at your own risk. Mom Managing Chaos will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.
From our website, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks to such external sites. While we strive to provide only quality links to useful and ethical websites, we have no control over the content and nature of these sites. These links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for all the content found on these sites. Site owners and content may change without notice and may occur before we have the opportunity to remove a link which may have gone ‘bad’.
Please be also aware that when you leave our website, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond our control. Please be sure to check the Privacy Policies of these sites as well as their “Terms of Service” before engaging in any business or uploading any information.
By using our website, you hereby consent to our disclaimer and agree to its terms.
Should we update, amend or make any changes to this document, those changes will be prominently posted here.