With online shopping being more popular than ever, stacking cashback sites can save a lot of money.
Although you are usually unable to stack cashback site, there are specific ways to maximize your savings while using these websites. Some of the ways you can stack websites include:
- Purchasing through the website or app itself
- Using a cashback credit card
- Purchase and use gift cards for specific retailers or websites
- Make sure to use codes as well
Thanks to all of the advancements we have made in technology, it is easier than ever to maximize your savings while doing regular shopping. Let’s talk about the difficulties in stacking cashback sites and a few other ways that you are able to save money.
Everything You Need to Know About Stacking Cashback Sites
So, to get it out of the way, it is almost impossible to stack cashback offers on different sites. This is due to most websites tracking your cookies and overriding the offer of another. If you have multiple accounts that you are signed into, you will often be given the best offer.
Most common cashback sites such as Ibotta, Rakuten, and Fetch all work with a store’s affiliate network. Since they are operating on a third-party basis, these affiliate networks will rarely allow you to make a purchase and have them payout twice.
With that being said, there are a few ways that you can stack your rewards and increase the amount of savings that you are can receive while online shopping.
Here are a few of the most popular ways to stack reward or cashback offers:
- Purchasing Through a Site
- Purchasing Using a Cashback Credit Card
- Using Retailers Gift Cards
- Make Sure to Use Coupon Codes
When using cashback sites, something to keep in mind is to ensure that the website is secure and official. There are quite a few websites that may seem legit but are scam websites. You should be able to identify a safe cashback website with a quick internet search or by poking around the information on their site.
4 Ways to Maximize Your Savings on Cashback and Rewards Sites
Now that you know some of the most popular cashback websites and how you can use them to your advantage, let’s cover a few ways to stack your rewards across all of the platforms.
Purchase Through the Platform
With Ibotta, Rakuten, and Fetch, the best way to maximize your rewards and cashback rebates is to make sure you purchase through the application or website. Most of them come with a browser application that can make it easy and fast for you to click a button and earn your rewards.
If you have the app on your mobile phone, shopping through the app can ensure that you do not miss out on any potential rewards. Some platforms have additional discounts to stack on top of your current savings by using your phone application.
Use a Cashback Credit Card
For many shoppers, using a credit card is a common form of payment. It protects you against fraud; they allow you to make larger purchases and are generally safe to use while shopping online. When signing up for a new credit card, make sure you choose one that has cashback offers available.
Your potential credit card should also help you know how to maximize your savings while shopping online, buying household items, dining out, or even buying gas for your car. Here are some of the most common cashback reward cards:
- Bank of America Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Chase Freedom Unlimited
- Citi Double Cash Card
- Discover it Cash Back
Use Gift Cards or Vouchers for Your Purchases
Some platforms offer gift cards to individual retailers for a percentage off the regular price. You can then use the gift card to purchase items from that retailer and use a discount code to save even more money. One negative of this way of stacking your savings is that your gift card may only be good for a certain amount of time.
An important thing to remember is that depending on the website you are using, purchasing the gift card at a cheaper rate may be the only discount you receive. Ensure that the platform or retailer allows the usage of gift cards before following through with your purchase.
Here are some places to get discounted gift cards:
Browse for Any Codes or Discounts
There are a lot of different ways to find discount codes and promotions online. One of the most popular ways to do this is through Honey, a browser extension that finds discount codes. This is a great way to ensure that there are no promotions or codes that you are missing.
You can also earn money from using applications such as Honey, which you can turn into rebates and gift cards. You can learn more about Honey on their website and sign up for their free browser extension to save additional money during online shopping.
Here’s some additional places to find discount codes:
- Rakuten Coupon Finder
- Brad’s Deals
- Coupon Cabin
How do Cashback and Rebate Sites Work?
If you have been online shopping for any amount of time, you have probably heard of cashback or rebate sites. With the increased popularity of online shopping over the past decade or more, these websites have helped shoppers increase their savings, reduce total spending, and even help you keep track of your shopping.
Some of the most popular cashback sites are:
Cashback websites are pretty easy when you figure out how they practically pay you to shop. On most cashback sites, you shop different retailers through their platforms. Sometimes they even have a phone app or a browser app that can make shopping easier.
Different platforms will offer different percentages back after you make your purchase. Although some cashback sites offer immediate credit to your cashback account, it may take some platforms up to one month or more to be able to redeem your rewards.
How do Cashback Websites Make Money?
Unless you are familiar with them, you may not be aware of how affiliate marketing works. Sites like Ibotta, Rakuten, and Fetch use affiliate programs through retailers. They make money by promoting or sharing items as well as a small commission from each item.
On your end, they use what they make from these retailers to give back a small portion to you as the shopper or to help provide discount codes that you can use while shopping. Brands and retailers can also pay the platforms to promote their products or sales to encourage shoppers.
Why Can’t I Combine Offers on Different Cashback Websites?
All of us want to save money. Although you can use different cashback websites in particular ways, you cannot stack the 5% on Ibotta with the 7% on Rakuten in almost every instance you can find, mainly because of the likelihood of different retailers paying out multiple times for one transaction is slim.
The reason for this is that most of your favorite cashback websites have particular contracts or agreements with different retailers. They agree to share the products from retailers such as Target, and they receive a small amount for republishing products and encouraging shoppers to buy from the retailer.
Is There Any Possible Way to Combine Offers?
Although it is extremely rare to be able to stack any offers, there are tricks that you can use to get around some of the platform blocks. One of the most popular ways is by strategically using the platforms.
Here is a unique process that you can use to get the highest savings while shopping:
- Sign in to Rakuten. Rakuten is one of the leading savings platforms available to you. Raise and Rakuten work hand-in-hand to provide you with cashback on step two.
- Purchase gift cards for the retailer you are shopping for. Try and use a website such as Raise.com, where you can purchase gift cards at a discounted rate. While the savings may be small, they will be stacked up!
- Use your cashback reward card. By purchasing your gift card with your cashback credit card, you are making sure that you are getting a small percentage back. Once again, this is great for your overall savings.
- Purchase your items. If the store you are shopping at has a loyalty card, now is the perfect time to use it. Even if you do not get a discount, you may earn rewards that you can use on a future purchase. Make sure to pay with your gift card. This is also a great time to add any coupons or codes if you can.
- Upload your proof of purchase. After you purchase your items, upload your receipt to the cashback rewards platform of your choice. Adding this information will increase your cashback and rebates.
What keeps a lot of people from trying to stack multiple rewards across different platforms and apps is that it can be confusing to remember. If you are looking to try this for yourself, make sure you have designated purchases that you know work with a stacking process. It may also help for you to write out instructions.
Are There Any Exceptions?
While you cannot add all of your rebates or cashback offers on top of one thing, what you can do is sign up for multiple rewards platforms. Many platforms, such as Ibotta and Fetch, allow you to upload an image of your receipt to earn rewards and points. Here is an example of how this may be beneficial:
- You purchase a candle for $10.
- You have a store discount card, which gives you 15% off—bringing your total to $8.50.
- Ibotta has 10% back on that particular product this week. Your new total is now $7.
- You have a manufacturer’s coupon, which you send it that is $2 off the purchase of the candle. Now the candle comes to $5.
- Finally, you upload your receipt to Fetch Rewards and get 12% cashback that week for your purchase. The candle has ended up costing you $3.80.
While you are ultimately saving more money, it is going to require more work on your end. You are going to have to dedicate your time to uploading receipts to different platforms and browsing for sales, coupons, and discount codes. Even though you are saving almost 7 dollars in this example, there is time lost in saving money.
Most people report the highest amount of savings from groceries and gas. Since these are often big and consistent purchases, pay attention to what is on sale and always use a gift card purchased with a cashback offer, or even just your credit card.
How Much Can You Really Save by Stacking Cashback Websites?
As with most things, the amount of money that you can save by doing this method is really up to your lifestyle and your shopping habits. If you have the extra time to upload all of your purchases to different platforms and apps, then your savings could be huge.
One of the best things you can do to earn more money is to always take advantage of special offers or double cashback days from either the platforms or even your credit card company. Certain times of the year see more shopping than others, and they offer deals as a way to encourage you to shop more.
For a family of four who stacks cashback websites and apps, savings and rebates can sometimes totally over $100 if you are using them for groceries and gas. A regular individual may sometimes see at least $15 to $20 based on regular purchases such as clothing, beauty, or entertainment.
So, while you can stack rewards in a particular way, it is challenging and sometimes impossible to get rewards back from multiple cashback sites. What you can do is stack your rewards on one platform at a time. Let’s talk about three of the most popular cashback websites and how to use them.
Ibotta: Popular and Free
Ibotta is one of the most popular cashback websites out there. The app and extension feature some of the most visited retailers. With Ibotta, you use an extension on your browser or an app on your mobile device to browse and shop. Some retailers even offer specialized discounts if you use Ibotta.
Here are some things to know about Ibotta:
- It’s Free to Sign Up
- The More Active You Are = The More Bonuses You Get
- $10 Towards Your Rebate for Signing Up
- Great for Grocery Shopping!
- Offers Both a Desktop and a Mobile Application for Easy Use
One of the best ways to maximize your savings on Ibotta is stacking offers. With Ibotta, you can stack offers on certain brand name products or retailers. By using the “Offers” section of Ibotta, you can see what is on special for a particular day.
Here are additional ways that you can increase your cash back while using Ibotta:
- Always check the cashback offers available.
- Perform daily tasks to earn more cashback or a more considerable discount.
- Remember to input your receipt after purchasing an item.
- Link your store rewards cards to Ibotta for exceptional savings.
- Encourage family and friends to sign up to boost your rewards!
Rakuten Can Link with Your Bank
Formally known as Ebates, Rakuten is one of the most popular websites that you can use to save money and increase your cashback rewards. Rakuten not only allows you to purchase goods through their platform, but you can also link your bank information to take advantage of it.
Here’s the main features of Rakuten:
- You Can Sign Up for a Free Account
- There is a $10 Sign Up Bonus
- Make Your Purchase Through the Rakuten Website
- Purchase Gift Cards to Maximize Your Savings with Rakuten
Something to keep in mind while using Rakuten is that there are exceptional circumstances. Sometimes the platform will offer a double cashback option or unique codes that you can use while shopping. There are other times where you may notice a website marked no cashback, but you will still be able to use your coupons or codes.
Some extra tips when using Rakuten:
- Use a cashback credit card when purchasing with Rakuten.
- Take advantage of special offers and discounts.
- Purchase gift cards from Rakuten at a discounted rate.
Fetch Is Perfect for Groceries
Fetch Rewards is another popular option for those who are looking to stack their savings while grocery shopping. With Fetch, you do your shopping, and you earn rewards while shopping. It works similarly to Ibotta, where you scan your receipt after your purchase, and it applies rewards to your account.
Using Fetch is as simple as:
- Download the Fetch App.
- Scan your receipts
- Earn rewards!
Fetch is one of the most straightforward apps that you can use to help your family save money by buying whatever you need. Although there are not as many cashback offers on the website, you are able to earn points that you can redeem at your favorite retailers.
With Fetch, you can also:
- Scan your receipts to add points towards rewards.
- Refer your friends and family for additional rewards and points.
- Purchase particular items to boost your points and rewards.
Additional Cashback Websites That You Can Use
The three websites listed above are just the tip of the iceberg. It seems like new cashback websites are coming out every year to help you maximize your savings. Many of these sites are reaching out to new retailers and new demographics to make sure that no matter your age, you can find a website that suits you.
If you have a cashback credit card, the chances are that the company may have a portal to shop from to save money or receive additional discounts.
Let’s talk about some of the best cashback websites you may not have heard of:
- Capital One Shopping: Capital One offers a browser extension where you can earn cash back from shopping online. By shopping, you earn gift cards that you can use to purchase your favorite items. They also offer local discounts that help support your community.
- TopCashback: Although this website is not known to give a high cashback rate, they do offer a decent percentage that is consistent. In addition to a sign-up bonus, the website also features discounts and offers that are unique to TopCashback members.
- BeFrugal: If you are looking to earn the most cash back you can, then BeFrugal is the cashback website for you. In addition to 40% cash back at over 5,000 stores, there is also a sign-up bonus and a referral program to help you earn more money.
Is There a Way to Know if You’re Getting the Best Deal?
With so many cashback websites out there, you may be wondering if you are actually getting the best deal. The good news is that websites monitor cashback offers, rewards, or even platform exclusive discount codes. One of the most comprehensive lists is through Cashback Monitor.
Monitoring sites like this can help you figure out what cashback site you should use for your purchase. There are also options to search based on travel miles, credit card points, and more.
Are Cashback Sites Sketchy?
One question you may find yourself asking is if cashback websites are sketchy. We have all seen horror stories where websites steal your information, steal your packages, or never give you back your savings. Luckily, most of the popular cashback sites are safe and secure.
Something that you want to do before creating an account on any site is to check reviews of actual users. You can verify a website’s security through ordinary users to see how their experience was on the platform. Your cashback site of choice should also have an FAQ, a help, or a customer service section where you can contact them.
How to Stay Safe While Using Cashback Sites
If you are unfamiliar with cashback sites, there a few ways in which you can make sure that you and your private information all stay safe while shopping.
Here are a few ways to make sure that you are protected:
- Use credit cards with fraud protection to reduce theft.
- If possible, use PayPal to sign up for accounts.
- Check reviews of any website before you sign up.
- Always monitor your accounts to verify all purchases.
- Make sure you keep track of your spending.
How Long Does It Take to Get Paid?
It depends on what you are using the website for. If you are using the platforms to track your spending or receive specialized discounts from individual retailers, you are essentially getting your money back right then. The discounts are applied when you check out so that 10% savings is automatic.
Most cashback websites payout at least once a month. As you shop, all of the savings you earn will be returned to you at the end of a shopping period. It also has a lot to do with how you paid for your items as well.
Additionally, if you are looking for cashback from your credit card, you need to check the fine print on your credit card agreement. All cards will let you know how you earn cashback, where you can use your card, and how long it may be until you receive your rewards. For some, the return window plays a huge part in which card they select.
For many online shoppers, cashback websites offer the best of both worlds. Not only are you able to shop online at your favorite retailers, but you can also save money while you do it. Many popular cashback websites are available both on a traditional internet browser as well as apps.
While you cannot stack websites on top of each other, there are ways that you can maximize your savings and earn rewards or money back just by shopping online or through a designated platform.
Some of the most popular ways to maximize your return on cashback sites are:
- Using the browser extension, mobile app, or website to shop your favorite retailers.
- Signing up for a cashback credit card.
- Using gift cards or vouchers to make purchases.
- Searching the internet for additional coupons or discount codes.
Stacking savings may seem like a bit more effort than merely click-and-buy, but those savings can add up over time. If you use the methods described above, it will become more straightforward than you think to save at your favorite stores and even on routine purchases.
Cashback sites are the perfect addition to the toolkit of a frugal shopper!